The activities of the Financial Education Fund are to contribute to increasing the security of citizens in the context of making financial decisions, including investment decisions.
The resources from the Fund are to be allocated to financing financial education, in particular:
1) organization of educational and information campaigns aimed at increasing the financial awareness of the public;
2) developing a financial education strategy and monitoring its implementation;
3) developing educational programs and issuing publications that popularize knowledge about the functioning of the financial market, the risks it involves, and entities operating on the financial market;
4) cooperation with other entities, including financial market entities, in the development of financial education documents;
5) cooperation with the minister competent for education and upbringing in the field of a systemic approach to financial education, in particular with regard to the core curricula relating to financial education
6) supporting educational and promotional projects in the scope of finance and the financial market.
Supervision over the activities of the Fund is exercised by the Financial Education Council.
The legal basis for the operation of the Financial Education Fund:
Act of November 9, 2018 on the amendment of certain acts in connection with the strengthening of supervision over the financial market and the protection of investors in this market (Journal of Laws 2018, item 2243)
The Ordinance of the Minister of Finance of May 22, 2019 on the remuneration of the Financial Ombudsman for the service and implementation of tasks financed from the resources of the Financial Education Fund entered into force on May 30, 2019 (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 998)
The Ordinance of the Minister of Finance of June 6, 2019 on the work regulations of the Financial Education Council entered into force on June 14, 2019 (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1098);
The Ordinance of the Minister of Finance of December 5, 2019 on the regulations of the Financial Education Fund entered into force on December 11, 2019 (Journal of Laws 2019, item 2374).